Saturday, July 16, 2011

the straw that broke the camel's back

two things you probably don't know: if i like someone, they make me more nervous than speaking in front of 1,000 people. shaky hands. racing heart. getting a sentence out is a minor miracle, as well as not breaking anything around me. it's somewhat disabling. on the opposite spectrum - put me in a crisis and i turn into a robot.

i'm the type of person you tell bad news to and my nervous reaction is to smile and laugh. i experience trauma, i get stone cold. no emotion. borderline dead. tell me my car is going to take longer or more money to fix, and you've got me as a weeping mess. the straw that broke the camel's back.
patterns : recovery II
it's a natural survival mechanism : do what needs to be done to make it : fight back. process. react. let it settle. move on.
process how you need to process. 
-k.

No comments:

Post a Comment